2 ways to keep people from adding you to groups of telegrams: gadgets to use
Also, read | How to make Telegram group video calls, screen sharing, eliminate background noise
Ways to prevent people from adding you to Telegram groups
There are some ways you can prevent people from adding you to a Telegram group. The first is to allow your contacts to add you to groups, and the other is to block people from continuing to add you to groups. Read all the details here.
Allow only your contacts
1. Open the Telegram app and go to “Settings” touching the burger menu on the left.
2. Then choose “Privacy and security” from the configuration options.
3. On the privacy settings page, tap “Groups and Channels”.
4. Now, under the file “Who can add me” section, change “Everyone” a “My contacts”.
Doing so will ensure that random people who are not on your contact list cannot add you to Telegram groups.
In addition, you can also add some people as exceptions. For example, prevent specific contacts from adding you to groups in the “Exceptions” section below.
Block this person
The other way to stop joining random groups is to recognize these people, and then you can block those people who keep adding you to Telegram groups. Here’s how to block someone in Telegram:
1. Open Telegram and go to “Settings”.
2. Now select “Privacy and security” from the options.
3. Here, you will see “Blocked users” at the top, tap it.
4. Now, on the next page, you will see the option “Block user”, tap, and select the contact you want to block.
5. Confirm by tapping on it “Block user” back to the next pop-up window. That’s all, once you block someone, they can’t add you to a group.
This is how you can prevent people from adding you to random Telegram groups. For more tips and tricks like this, stay tuned.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphone reviews, and gadgets, join Gadgets To use the Telegram group or subscribe to get the latest review videos Gadgets to use the Youtube channel.